Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: GW actually called us out

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member tannercolby's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2007
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    GW actually called us out

    I can't believe that a sorry student section like GW's actually called us out. Just because you make t-shirts and paint your faces doesn't mean your the best student section in the state. I would like o think Gate City for coming out and showing them what real fans are.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Seventy4's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GW actually called us out

    Yeh, it was good to see the student section out Saturday. It was a great atmosphere to watch the game in, and they had a lot of school spirit, and never that I noticed lost hope. Heck it was even better that some of the so-called "old folks" got on their feet a couple of times.

    On a side note, one thing I will say for 2 of their fans from the student section, they came up and congratulated Hack on the game-winning shot. I know 2 doesn't speak for all, but it is good to see sportsmanship, nonetheless. I wonder if the roles were reversed how many of our fans (students and parents alike) would extend the same to their players?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_byrdman's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2007
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GW actually called us out

    And werent they supposed to be the best student section in the state? I wasnt really impressed. But then again it wasnt as loud in there because it was so big. But for the most part they didnt do much of anything.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GW actually called us out

    [ QUOTE ]
    Yeh, it was good to see the student section out Saturday. It was a great atmosphere to watch the game in, and they had a lot of school spirit, and never that I noticed lost hope. Heck it was even better that some of the so-called "old folks" got on their feet a couple of times.

    On a side note, one thing I will say for 2 of their fans from the student section, they came up and congratulated Hack on the game-winning shot. I know 2 doesn't speak for all, but it is good to see sportsmanship, nonetheless. I wonder if the roles were reversed how many of our fans (students and parents alike) would extend the same to their players?

    [/ QUOTE ]


    It sure is something to think about. The last few time GC lost to PV in football I always went over to PV's side to shake PVfan's hand. After all it is just a game. I try my best to get along with everyone. I know I called out the GC fans to do more cheering for their team in football season. All I was trying to do was fire them up. I think I actually pissed some of them off but hey I love my team and want to see all fans behind them. Not many realize it but the fans bring a good impact to a game. The fans fire up the team. Alot say there was not anything to cheer about but they need to take notes from Appy fans. No matter how down they were at times the fans was there making some noise. In my opinion Appy has the greatest fans in the state. They are always there for their team and dont leave early when their team is down. How many other teams fans can say that?

    I got threats last season from some for the way I talked on here when trying to fire up the team and fans of GC. I now give the benifit of the doubt that these fans didnt understand what I was trying to do. Hopefully our team will have everyone back healthy this year and the coaches teach them how to hit and tackle.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Seventy4's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GW actually called us out

    Yeh, but I think that "best in the state" was by their own words, not anyone elses.

    I put the last part of my post in there to question myself more than anything else. My problem is when I get competitive with someone, I honestly dislike them. I can't stand them, or anything about them. You remove the competition and I'm fine around them, hang out with them and all that...I just don't know if I could turn that off (even as a fan) in the final moments of the game to be able to say something like that. 2 or 3 hours later, I know I could...but in the heat of the moment, I doubt it.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member tannercolby's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2007
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GW actually called us out

    That's the truth. when i'm in the middle of the game I absolutely can't stand who i'm playing and would do anything to beat them. But when the games over and all is said and done I have no problem sheaking their hand and telling them good job.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Sharon1948's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 26th, 2007
    Posts
    136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GW actually called us out

    Seventyfour - what a refreshing thought. That is the way kids should think about sports. Proud of you !!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GW actually called us out

    [ QUOTE ]
    Yeh, but I think that "best in the state" was by their own words, not anyone elses.

    I put the last part of my post in there to question myself more than anything else. My problem is when I get competitive with someone, I honestly dislike them. I can't stand them, or anything about them. You remove the competition and I'm fine around them, hang out with them and all that...I just don't know if I could turn that off (even as a fan) in the final moments of the game to be able to say something like that. 2 or 3 hours later, I know I could...but in the heat of the moment, I doubt it.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I positively hate PV but when the game is over and they win I will shake hands with the few BSG people I do know. But the hate for the school still burns on. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GW actually called us out

    Oh BTW I was wondering if GC packed GW's seats with ice or showed them what real hospitality is?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GW actually called us out

    GW's students are a legend in their own mind.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •